My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Garrett's Tree

On Garrett's first birthday instead of planning a birthday party like I should have been, I decorated a small Christmas tree with "Garrett" themed ornaments- cowboy items, butterflies and angels.  Every year since then, I would buy an ornament to add onto my collection for his tree.  And every year around his birthday I would get out and decorate his tree. 

For the past two years I never actually put away his tree!  It stayed up, decorated in our bedroom.  I wanted to enjoy it year round not just for 4-5 weeks out of the year.  This year I decided to do something a little different.  Many of his ornaments are breakable and since we have a toddler and cats, if I want those ornaments to stay in one piece, they remain in the box until the year when its 'safe' to hang them again. 

In the past I had done blue lights on the tree but this years I wanted to do something different.  Today I got strands of clear lights and a strand of red lights plus some shatter proof green, red and white ornaments.  After work I cleaned up the tree a bit, hung the lights, new ornaments and some of the non-breakable ones from the past and decorated Garrett's tree.  His birthday is on Friday December 6th and he will be turning 9 years old in Heaven this year.  For those new to my blog, we celebrate his birthday the same way each year and this year will be no different!  I will blog sometime over the weekend, with pictures included so you can see how we celebrated!  If you have not read Garrett's story yet, you can find it here!

No comments:

Post a Comment