My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Ankle wound- culture results

***warning this post contains a graphic wound picture.

I went back to the doctor yesterday for the results of the skin cultures. I am growing not one or two or even three but FOUR different bacteria on my wound:(

Staph, Pseudomonas, a rare bacteria called Serratia marcescens and a rare strain of strep called Beta hemolytic strep.

Luckily there is one oral antibiotics all four are sensitive too! And its the one I am already on. So that is good. But because it's four bacteria I am still at high risk for it spreading to my leg bone:( so I need to be on antibiotics long term- at least another 6 weeks possibly longer.

The ointment I have been using is working so I will to continue using that. I just need to soak and 'scrub' it more each day and stay off my feet as much as possible which is very very hard.

Here is a picture of how it looks now:




2 comments:

  1. ((((hugz)))) That's looking better then it was. My Brown Recluse bite looked like that when it was healing back up finally. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray for your continuous healing. May your doctors find the best meds for you and help you get over it. My spider vein removal clinic hopes to see good news soon. Keep sharing!

    ReplyDelete