My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Monday, May 14, 2012

bits and pieces

I have been meaning to blog more but life has been very stressful these past few weeks.   Nothing major, we are still healthy and employed.  Just stupid bank screw ups, stupid state ordinances, etc...

Only 16 more days of school....oh joy....they really need year around school down here.  I love my kids but I can not give them the structure they need.  And there are no affordable summer camps that they can all attend and it wouldn't be fair if only 2 of the 3 (girls) got to do something "fun".  Plus we are having major behavior/attitude issues with the two middle ones.  Some days its ok; other days it take every ounce in my body not to leave the second Joe get's home from work.  No joke.  Some days its that bad.  Nothing we have tried is working; no punishment or reward is great enough for them to WANT to become better behaved children and friends.  Some days even their friends don't want to play with them because they are mean, bossy, whine/cry about EVERYTHING and they just don't get it.  I hope I survive summer vacation....lol


Sami goes back to see her back surgeon on Wednesday.  We will find out if/when she will need more surgery this summer.  I will let everyone know how it goes.  

Joey is becoming more and more active!  Great for him, bad for his skin:(  He is still walking around the couch and walls but still falls and usually his face receives the most damage from the falls!  He is crawling/scooting around more too and his knees are actually holding up well!  His forearms are another story and I had to start padding them more.  He has also stopped drinking/eating as much as he use too.  By about 1/3:(  He still has his g-tube which we use but for some reason we can't get as much to fit into his belly feeding via tube as he can eating by mouth.   We can't even get the minimum amount of fluid in him that the doctor would like hin to receive w/o making him throw up.  But he seems to be doing ok with that he is taking in and has no signs of dehydration.  I know its normal at this age but still frustrating some days.   But he is happy and healthy for the most part so i guess that is all that matter.

I have decide to slowly become  a (partial) vegetarian.  Slowly eliminating red meat from my (not the entire family) diet.  Then we'll get to pork and maybe Chicken but I am not sure I could become 100% vegetarian.  But I am going to give it a try!  

I started running tonight...I ran/walked a mile in about 15 minutes. First time in about 10 yrs!  And now I feel like i got hit by a truck!  Yes I am training for something but am going to wait and announce that at a later date.  Still working out the details and to see if my body and skin will be able to do this!

Today little Tripp Roth turns 3 years old in Heaven!  If you haven't already seen the post Courtney did, you can find it here.

That is all for now!  Off to cut up some more bandages for Joey:)

Here is a picture of him today w/ his buddy Elmo wishing his buddy Tripp a happy birthday! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment