My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Monday, August 22, 2011

first day of school

I said i'd post and its been a R-O-U-G-H day so this will be quick.  

Today was the first day of school!



Seriously when did I get old enough to have a kindergartner and a 4th grader????????

they had a good day at school from what they said.  Brought home a TON of homework, all for me of course, soooo much paper work to fill out, twice as much since we have two now in the same school!

things didn't go so well at home while they were at school.  I didn't get much sleep last night; woke up with a migraine and by the time I was able to get out of bed we were behind schedule.  For various reasons I decided it was better for Joey (and us as a family) if I did his bandages changes alone in the mornings.  So we got a late start on those and we skipped yesterday so he was a mess of infected blisters and bad spots.  He had been doing really well for me last week when I changed them alone; barley making a peep; but today was another story.   So we made it through that;  Next on the schedule was preschool with Grace.  She REALLY wants to go to school today but isn't old enough for the state's free pre-k program yet and we can't afford a private preschool so I decided to attempt to 'home-school' her this year.  I got LOTS of work sheets with ABC's, numbers, colors, shapes, etc... spend the past week making daily lessons plans for the next 2-3 months, and got her school supplies of her own  but Grace gets frustrated REALLY, REALLY easily when she can't figure out something, even tracing the letters of her name w/ help from mommy,  so there was lots of crying in pre-school today and not much got accomplished.  Plus Joey had a really rough day so he wasn't helping things.  I hope tomorrow will be better. 




No comments:

Post a Comment