My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Joey's Birth Story

I stared this post shortly after Joey was born but wasn't able to get time to finish it until today!



The morning of the 8th I had an apt with the high risk OB.  They did an ultra sound; the baby was measuring 40w4d and 8.7 pounds.  The amniotic fluid was still cloudy which could be due to blood, baby poop or that his lungs were mature.   I agreed to an amino and the fluid that came out was clear w/ white speaks which meant his lungs were most likely mature.  The doctor was concerned at the baby's size and that there was evidence that the amniotic sack was starting to separate from the uterine wall.   Bottom line, I was having a baby ASAP, hopefully that day.  I was sent to my regular OB for my next appointment to discuss delivery. While there I started contracting.  They put my on the monitor and contacted the doctor on call to find out when they had time to fit me on the schedule for a c-section.  While waiting, I found out the amino came back that his lungs WERE mature:)

I headed over to the hospital and got there around noon.  They got me to the back right away and I expected it would be 4-6 hours before surgery...wrong...we were on the schedule for 2pm!   I called Joe and told him to hurry.

We didn't get in the OR till about 2:45 and at one point I asked Joe what time it was and he said 3:05pm.  I thought it would be cool if the baby would be born on 3/8/11 at 3:08pm!  He missed it by one minute!

Joseph Stephen Denslaw, III was born a 3:09pm at 3/8/11.  He weight 6 pounds 8 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.  He was MUCH smaller than predicted.  His head was still on the bigger side (in the 99.8%) but it doesn't look out of proportion to the rest of his body.

Unfortunately he was born with EB and was more severe than Sami and Garrett were at birth.  He was immediately taken to the NICU and I didn't get to see him for about 3 hours.

But other than the EB, he was very healthy, which is good. 

The hospital has private NICU rooms which everyone agreed was best for him.  He started out eating well and continued so he was able to go home with me on Friday!  YIPPE!!!

 Everyone asks who do we think he looks like?  Here are pictures of the other 4 plus Joey at the end so you tell me:)

And for those wondering and who asked me during my pregnancy if I thought the Joey would have EB, no I really didn't think he would have EB.....


Sami


 Garrett



Summer

Grace




Joey





No comments:

Post a Comment