My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter, 7 weeks and G-tube isues

I have been meaning to post all week, but I haven't had time or when I tried, Blogger was down and I couldn't get the post to post:(  So lets see if it works this time!

Easter- was spent at home.  The Easter Bunny came and left goodies for each of the kids and leave over 100 eggs in the back yard:)  They girls had fun hunting for them.   The rest of the day was spent doing yard work and having  BBCola Chicken in the crock pot for dinner! YUMMY!

Monday we noticed some strange skin growing around Joey's g-tube.  I took pictures and email them to my wonderful friends who have/had a child with a g-tube.  All said the same thing: granulation tissue.  I had NO IDEA this was common on anyone with a g-tube.  So Tuesday started out with a phone call to the g-tube surgeon.  They weren't in the office that day but the nurse told us to come in and she'd take a look at it.  So after taking Summer to school, off to the doctor we went.  She applied Silver Nitrate Sticks to the skin and is essentially burns the excessive skin off.  It came off within a day and we have sticks at home now to use when/if the skin builds back up again. 

Joey also turned 7 weeks on Tuesday!  He is starting to smile now, but of course won't smile for the camera!  He still gets up every 2-3 hours to eat day and night.  Some days he sleeps a lot, other days not so much.  He is up to 2 1/2 oz per feeding.  My goal is to get him to 3 oz by next week.

I don't have any pictures ready to go up now, but I hope to do a picture post early next week!

Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment