My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Sunday, May 23, 2010

The circle of life

This weekend has been full of tears- both of joy and heartache. 

For many months the mother of a good friend of mine has been battling lung cancer.  They knew pretty early on that is was one battle she probably wouldn't win, but she was going down without a fight and what a fight it was!  She lived longer than anyone expected.  Then Friday the end had come and she is no longer in pain (RIP Carole!)  In high school Stacy and I were good friends and I spent a lot of time at her house; many sleep overs; many dinners with the family.  Her parents were very nice and made me feel welcome all the time; especially when things were not so good at home.  I am sure I never told them that; I wished I had. 

A couple of hours after that I learned another friend of mine (from the same group of friends) was in the hospital about to give birth to her 3rd child.  How ironic that those two events happen on the same day within hours of each other??  No other way than to describe it as the circle of life....

Then went I didn't think I had anymore tears left, I received another heartbreaking email.  An EB family I have been communicating with for the past couple of months lost their 3 month old daughter this morning:(  This was a death I knew was coming; she had severe EB and wasn't doing well.  The doctors had given her a week to a month- she made it 9 days.  But even though this was a call (email) I knew would be coming it still doesn't make it any easier. 

Unfortunately due to distance and finances I will not be able to attend either funeral:(  And I feel really bad about that.  But hey I am only 1 person and can only be once place at a time.  I guess I just need to clone myself, I know a lot of people would be happy; my kids and my job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment