My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Try something new Tuesdays

Here is what I am making for dinner tonight!

Cuban Chicken, Beans and Rice

1 1/3 cups chopped onions
1 cup chopped celery
2 cans (15oz each) small red beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans (15oz each) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon lime juice
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoons salt
1 package (20 oz) of boneless, skinless chicken
1 dried bay leaf
1 cup uncooked instant rice
Chopped fresh cilantro if desired

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray, mix all ingredients into the cooker, add the chicken last, spooning the mixture over the chicken, cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours (or on high for 3-4 like I am doing today since I forgot to get this going when I got up this morning :-)

Then when its done, stir in rice, breaking up the large pieces of Chicken, increase heat to high, cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until rice is tender.  

Enjoy!

*recipe obtained the the Slow Cooker Cookbook (#339) from Pillsbury. I looked on their web site but could find the recipe there

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good. I was suppose to get my roast in the crock pot this morning for French Dips and forgot so tonight is going to be a backup plan!

    ReplyDelete