My Blog List

Search This Blog

Follow by Email

Translate

Monday, October 12, 2009

Monday Night Dinner

I think for the first time I am trying a spur of the moment new recipe for dinner!  Surprisingly I had all the ingredients in the house! (that would be first too!)

Easy Chicken & Cheese Enchiladas

1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup Picante Sauce
2 tsp chili powder
2 cups chopped cooked chicken
1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
6 flour (10") tortillas (warmed)
1 small tomato
1 green onion sliced

1. Stir in soup, sour cream, picante sauce and chili power in a medium bowl

2. stir in 1 cup of the above mixture with the chicken and cheese in a large bowl.

3. Divide up the chicken mixture among the tortillas. Roll up tortilla and place seam side up in a shallow baking dish.  Pour remaining mixture over the filled tortillas.  Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.   Top with tomato and onion. (we skipped that part)

For us I cut the recipe in half since there are just two of us who would eat enchiladas.  And we only had 6" tortilla's in the house, so I used those, but even when halved, it still made a lot of enchiladas! 

And because I was being bothered distracted by the kids, I learned that if you cook it covered at 400 for 20 minutes, then uncovered at 350 for 15 minutes, top with more shredded cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes, it turns out just fine too:)


No comments:

Post a Comment